It’s predicted that after a fairly calm real estate market in 2016, there could be some changes in 2017. With that being said, you want the value of your home to continue to rise. While many homeowners will turn to renovations and major projects as investments this year, you could do something a bit different and still see a boost to your property’s value.
Your next home improvement project may be as simple as planting a tree in your yard. Consider that a tree somewhere close to the eight to 10-foot range will cost between $100-$200 depending on the species. So, what does a fully matured tree realistically add to your home’s value? According to the Council of Tree and Landscape Appraisers, “a mature tree can often have an appraised value from as little as $1,000 to as much as $10,000.”
EFFECT OF TREES ON YOUR PROPERTY VALUE
When considering planting a tree, it’s important to take the following into account:
- High-quality landscaping can add up to 20 percent more value to a property, and in particular, a property that features a number of mature trees.
- A fully developed and well-maintained tree adds plenty of curb appeal. Plus, ask any realtor, and they’ll say that the higher the value of the home, the greater the impact that trees may have on salability.
- A strategically placed tree can take a bite out of energy costs. It’s possible to have a beautiful home with an impeccable yard, but if it doesn’t include a tree, buyers might hesitate. The U.S. Forest Service states that “trees properly placed around buildings can reduce air conditioning needs by 30 percent and can save 20 to 50 percent in energy used for heating.”
- Few things in nature are able to compare to the beauty of a tree’s autumn colors. In the summertime, trees offer plenty of shade from the hot Chicago sun. Homeowners want to feel cozy and comfortable in their castle, which is why potential buyers love trees so much.
- Trees can have a positive impact on your home’s privacy. If you’ve always wanted to screen your house from a busy road or noisy neighbor, a mature tree may do just the trick. A quieter, more peaceful yard can be yours in no time.
TREE TRIMMING FROM PRO TREE SERVICE
If you’re in a situation where you already have multiple trees in your yard, it could be time to have them trimmed and pruned. At Pro Tree Service, we offer tree trimming and pruning services in Chicago suburbs that are second to none. Eliminate the stress, time, and safety hazards that often come with these tasks. Our professional team uses top-of-the-line equipment and provides the most affordable rates in the area.
Pro Tree Service is proud to have been serving the area since 1989. You won’t find a tree service that’s more affordable, professional, or reliable. Contact our tree company today should have you any questions regarding our tree trimming and pruning services.