You’ve finally decided that it’s time to remove that unsightly tree in the yard. You can’t wait to put something in its place, such as a new tree or flower garden. But there’s something else to consider before getting too far ahead of yourself. Should you remove that tree stump? It’s a question that many homeowners tend to overlook during the tree removal process. Here are six reasons to remove it, according to this article from Angie’s List.
- Stumps aren’t attractive – You always keep your yard in tip-top shape. The grass is always mowed to perfection and the flowers look stunning all summer long. How do you think an ugly stump is going to fit in with everything? The short answer is it won’t. Meticulous homeowners will absolutely want that stump removed.
- Stumps are hazardous – Do you have children who love to play in the yard? Imagine them playing an innocent game of tag before one of them trips over a stump. What could be even worse is if a neighbor trips and sues you. And yes, you are liable for his or her injuries in that situation. There’s also the issue of when you’re mowing and hit the stump by accident. With all these examples, it’s safe to say that a stump does more harm than good.
- Stumps cause new tree growth – Many homeowners don’t realize that leaving the stump behind can lead to new sprouts. What’s the big deal about that? Well, new sprouts may contribute to the growth of small trees around the stump. Frankly, this is the absolute last thing you want for your yard. Since the small trees have the potential to keep coming back, you will likely need to purchase harmful chemicals to kill them off completely. If not applied perfectly, however, those chemicals can kill your lawn in a matter of time. These small trees even leech nutrients from other nearby plants, meaning your favorite plants could suffer as well.
- Stumps are a hassle to maneuver around – Let’s say that you enjoy having loved ones over for outdoor celebrations. One of the main reasons why you had your tree removed was to have additional room for these gatherings. Unfortunately, you still have that obnoxious stump ruining the setup of yard games and spot of where guests can sit.
- Stumps attract insects – Did you know that when you leave stumps on your lawn, the decaying tree takes much longer to rot away completely? A decaying stump attracts the likes of beetles, termites, ants, and other wood-boring pests. Over time, those pests can make their way to your home, where you’ll have more trouble to deal with.
- Stumps take up precious yard space – We touched on this in an aforementioned point, but it’s worth mentioning a second time. The space lost from a remaining stump and roots may occupy quite a bit of space. For those who don’t have a large yard to begin with, this can be a major inconvenience. You can use that space for a flowerbed, picnic table, or a new tree.
Expert Stump Removal
Pro Tree Service makes things easy for homeowners, especially when it comes to stump removal. Here’s what you can expect from our tree removal services:
- Full-service tree removals of all branches, logs, and major debris – When working with you, we want your experience to be hassle-free. That’s why we always include tree stump removal in our estimates. The stump remains, on the other hand, can be removed for a separate charge.
For your convenience, we also offer stump removal as part of our bush removal service. Please note that grinding of a stump is generally 4 to 6 inches below ground and 2 to 3 feet from the base of the tree.
Our Chicago tree care company is different than others in the area. Thanks to our Best Price Guarantee, you can expect the highest quality of tree care without breaking the bank. Pro Tree Service has been serving those in Chicago and surrounding suburbs for nearly three decades. Fully licensed, bonded and insured, you can feel comfortable in choosing us for your project. From land clearing to tree trimming and everything in between, see what makes us the premier choice.